Luther lies in Rococo
In 1761, when Anna Amalia's book collection was simply overflowing, she, without further ado, occupied an empty widow's palace. She changed it into a library laying the cornerstone for the famous "Herzogin Anna Amalia Bibliothek". J.W. v. Goethe was its director.
Taking a 360° view round we see the Ildefonso Well right in front of the Red Palace, Duke Carl August riding horseback, the Fürstenhaus as well as the famous Gingko tree.